Friday, September 13, 2013

Foodie flash mob

Flash mobs are supposed to be spontaneous affairs, but it's a bit hard to be on-the-spot when you're a family person and/or an older person with plenty of life responsibilities, which most foodies are.  So tomorrow's pseudo-flash mob at the Waugh Drive Whole Foods actually got planned a week or two ago, but it's still set to execute tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m.
Screengrab of the FB post. 
Be there or be square... oh, gee, wait a minute - we are already square, nutrition nerds that we are. 
You may find this amusing, but don't discount the effort just yet.  The Facebook group now has over 4,200 followers.  If even a small percentage of those actually show up tomorrow, that's going to be conspicuous.  As a matter of fact, if I were Whole Foods' management (which I am not), I'd capitalize on the free media exposure and use the event to make any meaningful public announcements that I may have (hint, hint).  Oh, the eternal optimist...
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.