(Video shows scenes as the Shuttle mock-up Explorer leaves Florida en route to Houston).
Anyway, from the CCISD news release website, here are the road closures summarized, and kudos to Elaina Polsen's office for blasting this info far and wide:
- The Kemah Bridge will be closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic for about 30 minutes between noon and 1 p.m.
- The eastbound and westbound right lanes of NASA Parkway from Upper Bay Road to Space Center Boulevard will be closed beginning at 11 a.m. When event traffic subsides, the westbound lane will reopen. The eastbound lane will remain closed from Lagoon Drive to Space Center Boulevard.
- The eastbound right lane of NASA Parkway will remain closed from Lagoon Drive to Space Center Boulevard.
- NASA Parkway will be closed from El Camino Real to Space Center Boulevard from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- The NASA 1 Bypass will be closed to eastbound traffic from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m.
|THIS bayou. (Googlegrab)|
What, you're not going to tell me you never noticed an actual bayou there, are you?!
|Screengrab from Google. I can't access this content because it's behind a paywall, but there is that funny reference, all the way back in 1929.|