Monday, June 24, 2013

A seller's market

If you go to the "single family" search page on the Houston Association of Realtors website and type "Centerpointe" in the subdivision box, you'll see something remarkable: only 2 active listings out of 438 homes (HAR pegs us at 436 but I had written down 438 during a POA meeting so I'm not sure which is the exact figure). 

That's an availability rate of less than half a percent at the height of the summer selling season, and quite a reversal from about a year ago when spec sales in Section 9 were wrapping up.  A few listings that had been on the market for quite some time have now either sold or gone under contract.  The situation seems to bode well for property values. 
From Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.