Sunday, November 24, 2013

Set your DVRs for HGTV tonight

According to Galveston County Daily News, there are two more locally-filmed episodes of HGTV shows coming up - the "Beach Front Bargain Hunt" episode that airs tonight, November 24, 2013 at 8:30 p.m., and a different episode scheduled for December 1, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. 

Both were shot in Galveston, which is small consolation for all the Centerpointers who missed the episode of House Hunters that was filmed mostly in Centerpointe and which premiered about two months ago. 
I described it in this post and attempted to find additional scheduling information in this other post, but I came up empty-handed.  I still can't tell when it will be re-broadcast, as most of those episodes eventually are. 

Screengrabbed from HGTV. 
Here's what was frustrating about the Centerpointe episode:  According to what I was told after writing those two posts linked above, HGTV actually did inform our POA that they were filming here as they were doing it some months back.  The POA was supposed to get a heads-up as to when the episode would actually air, but apparently the communication wasn't successful for whatever reason.  So the POA never knew, and I ended up being one of the only (if not the only) resident in the entire subdivision who saw the danged thing.  And that only happened because I'm a home improvement junkie who watches a great deal of HGTV.  I just happened to have the TV on at the time.

Anyway, enjoy the Galveston episodes as your small consolation prize.  I'm curious about how HGTV's coverage will address the looming issue of flood insurance, if they address it at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.