Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween downpour

My two rain gauges registered right around four inches, which was enough to turn Centerpointe's dry-bottom storm water retention ponds into very wet ponds.
And where there's water, there will be Great Egrets
And ducks.  This always amazes me... where do they come from, and on just a few hours' notice??  364 days a year, there's no standing water here, but as soon as it appears, so do they. 
The 747 jumbo jet of the local bird world.  Very photogenic but also very camera-shy. 
The same conditions that produced that remarkable deluge also gave us one of the best sunsets of the year.
Water Street (name coincidental to the day's events) in Webster.  Picasa had no processing suggestions for me on this one - it was optimized as-is. 
NASA Road 1 looking toward The Hop nightclub in Webster. 
My photographic attention was pulled in three directions simultaneously, as we celebrated candy-time with the kids.  Hope everyone had a good one.
My favorite costume of the evening.  Notice the intentional head lean to amplify the overall effect.  Given the overwhelming popularity of The Walking Dead, I expected to see more zombie-like costumes last night, but they were few and far between.  I guess that zombies are a bit intense for the Superman set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.