Friday, November 15, 2013

UPS yours

Our security cameras revealed the reason why our dog flipped out at 10:10 p.m. last night, scaring the bejesus out of us after we had all gone to bed:
Yes, that is actually the UPS man, at that hour.  And our dog would like to disembowel the UPS man.  She does not take kindly to unfamiliar people who stride aggressively to our door.  Such people break all the rules of canine decorum. 
You might see a delivery truck such as this after 10 p.m. and assume that it's a fake, some kind of a cover for a criminal operation.  They're really not supposed to be delivering past about 8:00 p.m., but for whatever reason, the local distribution node has been having issues that cause them to run way, way behind schedule on some days.  A month or so ago, I encountered this while waiting for a signature package.  The website said it was "out for delivery" on the truck, but the truck never came.  Around 8:40 p.m., I called and asked what the deal was.  They told me that it might get there by 10:30 p.m.  I guess they expect us to clamber out of bed in our pajamas to sign for packages.

Anyway, keep this in mind as the holiday season approaches, because the problem might very well get worse.  If your bell rings in the dead of night, it's not necessarily a prelude to a home invasion, so please don't shoot the bell-ringer on general principle.  My dog would be so disappointed.  She is really hoping for first dibs. 
:-)
Substitute "UPS man" for "mailman".  My favorite barking meme.  I would credit the maker if I knew who it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.