Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Centerpointe Drive - West Walker construction

As I was sitting at my desk working yesterday, my goose-neck lamp was doing a subtle version of The Hamster Dance, with the bulb fixture jiggling and jumping at the end of its flexible arm. 

No, it wasn't a random swarm of 1.0 events on the Richter Scale - it was actually this:
They were laying down a short section of board road and unloading an excavator at the intersection of Centerpointe Drive and West Walker.  All that movement of heavy equipment was vibrating the ground and making a lot of noise. 
You might first guess that this has something to do with the nearby Public Safety Building construction which is now in full swing (webcam here, if you are interested), but I don't think it does.  I think it actually has to do with the new pipeline that's being installed in the Interurban easement. 

Recall this post from (coincidentally) one year ago today.  That talked about a new pipeline that was going into the "Centerpoint" (i.e., the Interurban) easement which was initially confused by some with the "Centerpointe" easement.  They appear to be just now getting around to laying that pipe, if you'll excuse the expression.  And our right-of-way intersection at Centerpointe Drive appears as if it is being developed as one of their access points.  There are fresh markers delineating some existing lines in the easement, which suggests that this project is now proceeding.

Anyway, I'll post more info as it becomes available. 
In the meantime, enjoy those hamsters.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.