Friday, July 19, 2013

A strange and surreal local Googlemaps image

Every once in a while, I stumble across something on Googlemaps that completely drops my jaw. Their new oblique aerial coverage caught this commuter jet flying quite low over a subdivision under construction north of Houston, which in itself is not terribly weird.  But you can tell that Google is stitching their photographic coverage down the centerlines of suburban streets, because their image processing chopped off both wing and stabilizer, leaving the viewer with a most unsettling impression, indeed.
It sorta gives Dali a run for his money, doesn't it??

I haven't found this one in any of the weird Google image compilations, so I may have been the first person to spot it. 
Screengrabbed from Googlemaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.