Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sagging closer to home

Check this massive thing out:
Hwy 3 at Walker Street, passing by the library (no kidding) this evening around 6 p.m.  Sorry for the blur - we were both moving. 

You're not even seeing the full extent of this trailer here.  It continued on beyond the right hand side of the photo.  I've never seen any of these mega-vehicles outside of freeways and larger regional highways. 
Three days after I wrote a post about sagging traffic lights being lifted in a heavily-industrialized area near the Houston Ship Channel, I run into the very same process three quarters of a mile from my own house.  At least one bucket truck was playing hopscotch with this load, jacking up the traffic lights in succession so that it could pass safely beneath each intersection it encountered. 

It's weird how life is often like that - you don't see a phenomenon at all, right up until the point where you see it multiple unrelated times in rapid succession.

Anyway, I've no idea what that object is, or why it warranted such a complex haul through suburbia after dark on a Sunday night, but it sure must have been important to someone.   My husband and I looked at this photo and thought, "Wouldn't it have been cheaper to dismantle it and re-erect it on site??"  Apparently not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.