Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Battle Hymn of the Health Conscious

At the end of this post, you’ll find new lyrics for a militant classic which I reinterpreted the other day after discovering to my delight that my yoga development, thus far predicated on the isolated teachings of a sole local instructor, is almost up to the level of the well-known P90X training module. 
Low-resolution video screengrab from this independent review site
I prefer a human interaction over whiz-bang mass-market DVDs, but my husband likes that fitness program and so I finally joined him in it.  I can’t do all of what’s in those 90 minutes of Yoga-X hell, but I’m most of the way there. 

For those of you who are like-minded, I invite you to customize your own chorus line to reflect personal gains within your specific fitness regime.  And good luck with those New Year's resolutions which, if you're like most Americans, will invoke improvements in diet, health, and fitness. 

***
 
BATTLE HYMN OF THE HEALTH CONSCIOUS
 
Mine eyes have seen the horror of the coming of old age
It is trampling out my youthfulness and causing me some rage
But I have loosed my effort in this war that I will wage
My workout's marching on.
 
I can almost do the yoga
I can almost do the yoga
I can almost do the yoga
My health will not be gone!
 
I think my version represents an improvement, actually, because the author of this original lyric apparently never got that memo about God not being able to be for and against the same thing at the same time
:-)

Screengrabbed from Wikipedia
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.