Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What happened to the League City dog park plans?

After an initial wave of publicity and a resoundingly positive response via an on-line poll, there has been nothing but radio silence on the prospect of a League City dog park.
Screengrab of the poll results from the morning of April 18, 2014, which in terms of total respondent volume was probably closer to the end of the poll than the beginning (meaning, these numbers should be generally reflective of final results).    
I haven't heard a peep.  Local nonprofit park advocacy group Bark9 tells me that they haven't heard anything either.  After the April 8, 2014 Council vote that directed city staff to develop the on-line poll whence the screengrab above originated, there's been nothing.

I do remember hearing a vague complaint that the polling mechanism (Survey Monkey) was unable to read the IP addresses of some or all of the voters, so there was a concern that some of them might not be actual LC residents, but I don't know if there's any truth to that.  Based on my limited knowledge of such systems, it should have been easy to read the ground IPs (I'm assuming that the City was using a pay version of the program).  Cellular / mobile devices can be more tricky (said the blogger who is no longer sure where a lot of her hits are originating because they are materializing out of thin air, literally).

So what up, League City?  Galveston County Daily News?  Council?  Where will this initiative go from here?
More accurately in this case, where are you taking us?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.