Monday, April 2, 2012

Mornings for mournings

Wow, I can't believe it was a full month ago that I posted about our latest mourning dove occupation.  And exactly a year ago yesterday that I posted about our first mourning dove occupation.  These critters are nothing if not consistent in their reproductive timeline.

And (drumroll, please!) here they are in their almost-fledged glory, looking like feathered versions of Yin and Yang with one eyeball apiece showing - the babies!
:-)
Yes, it was taken with a telephoto so as not to disturb them. 
That is one useful hanging basket.  This year I put asparagus fern there, which the Mama seemed to like better than the last thing I chose, which was a broad leafed plant that didn't provide as much camoflage. 

Anyway, I'm glad I managed to snag that photo op, because it won't be but a few more days before those flight feathers finish coming in, and off they'll go to take their places in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.