Monday, April 2, 2012

Miffed at a microwave

My GE has me saying GD.  The magnetron (the part that generates microwaves) in our Meritage-installed GE microwave has failed twice in just two years. 
*%$#@*!!!!
Magnetrons rarely fail (except for ours).  I know folks who are still using first-generation microwave ovens that they bought in the 1970's or 1980's!!
The first failure was covered for both parts and labor, but the labor warranty expires after one year, so now I'm looking at a labor charge to get this thing fixed. 

But really what I'm wondering is, is our experience just an isolated case, or is this brand/model just a lemon that we should not be dumping any more money into?  Drop me a line if yours has had issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.