Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Doves, Part 4

Well, I'm an empty-nester, at least in the literal sense of it.
Scene looking out through two slats in the window blinds.  The bigger squab was the one to launch first.  In the way of many birds, he (or she) actually sat on the back of this chair for quite some time getting his bearings in his (or her) first trip out of the nest.
The smaller squab left the nest about an hour later, perching on top of a wind chime until getting his (or her) bearings.
They actually both returned to the nest last night, after spending their afternoon in the great outdoors.  According to Wiki, their father (not their mother) will continue to feed them for up to two weeks now that they have fledged (both parents participate in raising them - I didn't know that until looking it up just now). 

Meanwhile, it's time for me to give that bedraggled hanging plant some much-needed water. 
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.