Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fence futility

These homeowners must be wondering if they have been cursed by God.
Centerpointe Drive on the first curve northeastbound from Calder.
For the life of us, my daughter and I couldn't really understand how this happened, other than to acknowledge that it did not appear to be intentional.  There's a crushed utility marker out of photo view, suggesting an object went flying through the fence from the Centerpointe Drive side.   But it must not have been a very large object, because there were no deep tire tracks in the grass, and the shrubbery in front of the fence did not appear to be damaged.  So the whole "whodunit" is kind of ambiguous on this one. 

But this is the very same location where a crash in mid-2010 impacted multiple residential yards.
From the neighborhood newsletter at the time.
Anyway, for whatever reason, once again it appears these folks will be getting yet another new fence installed, before this replacement fence even had a chance to weather.
We lived on the outside of a street curve in one of my previous residences, and I swore I'd never do it again.  We had two people wreck into our yard inside of the three years that I lived there.  One of them was a teenager who lost his license for a number of years for reckless driving (the police calculated that he was doing upwards of 70 mph in a 25 mph zone).  That's reckless driving, not wreckless driving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.