Thursday, February 24, 2011

Annoying solicitors out in force today

FYI, if you've got napping babies or backshifted day-sleeping spouses, you may want to hang a sign on your door requesting that your doorbell NOT be rung.  The Jehovah's Witnesses are out in force in Centerpointe today, and there is also a security company rep driving a garishly-painted car trying to sell systems. 
  • What annoys me most about the former is their tenacity and general disrespect for the existing spiritual beliefs of others, but that's just my personal opinion.  But on a lighter note, here's some humorous tactics you can use to get rid of them
  • What annoys me most about the latter are the hard-sell tactics even when the situation is an obvious lost-cause for them: here I have a new house with a bright, shiny security sign right at the front entry and a current League City alarm permit stuck to the door glass.  Any normal human being would look at this and register the fact that I already have both a system and an active security monitoring contract in force!!!  What the kind of jackass salesperson could fail to register these multiple overwhelming indicators??!  Aaand yet he rings my bell anyway.  De-NI-al!!!  Or maybe just stupidity.
So it's just now noon and we've already been interrupted TWICE by solicitors today.  Hopefully next solicitor will be a Boy Scout or a Girl Scout, because those are just about the only ones that do not incur my wrath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.