Monday, January 20, 2014

Power off around Baybrook Mall this afternoon

I don't know what caused it, but I suspect the IH-45 realignment construction may have been the culprit.
About half of the mall had no power as of about 3:15 p.m. today, and there were no streetlights working south of El Dorado around the mall.  Apparently the power had been off for some time by that point, because many stores were closed and others were in the process of shutting their doors. 
We hung for about 15 minutes, then split (the mall is not really my sort of venue, but I have a teenaged daughter, so I end up in all kinds of places that I wouldn't otherwise choose to be).  I saw a bucket truck south of Bay Area Boulevard along the feeder, but the guy appeared to be working on a minor line.  Hard to believe that could have disrupted half of Clear Lake.  
Some of the interior stores and food court had power, but most of those on the outer ring of the mall were dark.  I wondered if the interior ones were maybe running on a generator. 
I sure wish we had a local news service where we could get real-time info on these kinds of events.  It would have saved about five thousand people some hassle this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.