Monday, May 28, 2012

To everything turn, turn, turn

Hallelujah and pass the mustard... nice bright flashing yellow mustard! 

In case you haven't noticed yet, the City of League City finally progressed in its left turn modification plan all the way to West Walker Street and State Highway 96.  The left from 96 onto northbound Walker is now a flashing yellow.
Facing east on SH 96, Centerpointe to the left of the photo.  Previously you would see only red or green as the persistent options here.  Now the flashing yellow left turn yield option has been instituted.
Closer look at the signage.  This means you can turn left after yielding to oncoming traffic. 
I first encountered these flashing lights on FM 518 a month or two ago.  They took me by surprise, because I hadn't heard the announcements concerning them (they were probably operative for quite some time by that point given that the City started making these changes around the beginning of this year, but I avoid FM 518 like the plague). 

It turns out (pun intended) that League City produced a PSA informing the traveling public of how these things work.  Here it is if you'd like to check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm forced to moderate comments because the spammers have become too much for me to keep up with. If you have a legitimate comment, I will post it promptly. Sorry for the inconvenience.